Canned food is an accessible and affordable solution to the nation’s need for safe, nutritious and quality produce and protein, plus the metal food can is environmentally-friendly, curbs food waste and fuels the economy
Canned foods are…
- Accessible and Affordable: Canned foods provide safe, quality and affordable food that is convenient and readily available.
- Nutritious: Canned foods are a good source of essential nutrients and under-consumed proteins, such as fish and legumes, and help all Americans meet dietary recommendations.
- Environmentally-Friendly: Cans are environmentally-friendly, and canned food curbs food waste.
- Economic Benefit: The aluminum and steel can industry is an American industry, providing jobs that fuel state and federal economies.
To learn more, explore these resources:
- Ten Reasons Steel Cans are the Earth-Friendly & Reasonable Choice
- Canned Food Fact Sheet: Healthy for Americans, the Environment & the Economy
- 10 Reasons Cans Get You Cooking
- Canned Food Frequently Asked Questions
- Can-prehensive Communications Calendar
- Build a Healthy Plate with Canned Fruits and Vegetables
- Canned Food Menu Model
See why all forms of fruits and vegetables should be included in federal policies and programs.