Aerosol & Other Non-Food Cans
With a vast variety of products using aerosol, paint, general line and specialty cans in the consumer products market, aluminum and steel packaging reigns as the premium choice. Also referred to as General Packaging or Specialty Cans, this is the only category of cans that includes both food and nonfoods.
- The lightweight nature of the packaging allows for a cost-effective and impact-resistant solution.
- Prime marketing opportunity for a brand message on the smooth surface of the metal package.
- Endless opportunities for innovative designs due to the flexible nature of steel and aluminum. Designers can continue to raise the bar on new product designs to differentiate their brand from the next.
- Aerosol cans are 100% recyclable.
- A reliable solution with steel preserving the product due to its rigidity.
- Convenient spill-proof containers.
The Can Manufacturers Institute (CMI) and the Household & Commercial Products Association (HCPA) launched an Aerosol Recycling Initiative with the support of almost 20 companies across the aerosol value chain to increase access to aerosol recycling and on-pack recyclability messaging.
CMI and HCPA are employing a dynamic expert team that provides a varied skill set to execute the initiative’s first year activities. One member of the expert team is Gershman, Brickner & Bratton, which has a deep understanding of Material Recovery Facility (MRF) operations. MRFs do the important job of sorting singlestream recyclables. Another team member, Eunomia Research & Consulting, is a data-driven consultancy specializing in achieving better environmental outcomes. Jensen Hughes is also involved to provide technical safety expertise with its staff of engineers and scientists.
Find more information at: www.theHCPA.org/Aerosol-Recycling-Initiative