Welcome to CMI’s Aluminum Beverage Can Sustainability Communications Toolkit!
We hope the contents in this toolkit will make it easier for you to communicate to consumers about why aluminum beverage cans are a sustainable, circular package and why it is so important to recycle aluminum beverage cans.
The toolkit is broken down into several categories. Within each category, you will see key messages/talking points (with hyperlinks to the original source), as well as downloadable graphics.
These are here for you to use and download -- There is no need to ask CMI’s permission to use them. We would, however, appreciate seeing the final product.
Please send messages regarding this toolkit and final products of how you used the information to CMI’s Vice President of Sustainability Scott Breen.
CLICK ON THE CATEGORY BELOW TO SEE TALKING POINTS AND GRAPHICS
1. Aluminum Beverage Cans: Driver of the U.S. Recycling System
2. ISRI Economic Impact by Commodity Toolkit
3. The Recycling Partnership State of the Curbside Recycling in 2020
4. Aluminum Association: Aluminum Can Advantage
5. Recycling Unpacked: Assessing the Circular Potential of Beverage Containers in the U.S.
6. Aluminum Association: The Aluminum Can Advantage Sustainability Key Performance Indicators 2020
7. Recyclable aluminum rolled products building blocks for a sustainable world
8. A regionally-linked, dynamic material flow modelling tool for rolled, extruded and cast aluminium products
9. Life of a Can: The Never-Ending Story
10. 2021 Aluminum Association Life Cycle Assessment of North American Beverage Cans